Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sadness

So I have been looking forward to this day (Thursday) all week long and now that it's here I wish it wasn't. This morning my husband got a phone call that stated that a guy that he knows that is only two years older than him passed away after suffering from a heart attack or stroke. This happened last night. This kind of freaked my husband out because he was only two years older than him.



Then I find out later that one of my student's parents isn't doing well. They don't think that he'll make it through the weekend. It is both amazing and ironic to me that this is the time of the year that we are supposed to be celebrating Jesus' life and resurrection and I know one person who has passed away and it looks like another might soon. I feel sadness for both families. One family struggles with the pain of a sudden death and the other is suffering through the battle of cancer and watching as their family member gets worse. I also wondered which would be worse. I don't really know. I see how much pain my student is in but I think at least she is getting to talk to her dad and then I think about the sons of the man who passed away last night. I wonder if they would change things if they knew that last night was the last time that they would talk to their dad. I know that this is some pretty deep stuff to be writing about but it is what I am thinking about and I figure that this is the best way for me to do.



I think that today was one of the toughest days for me teaching wise. It was because it was a educationally tough day it is because it was an emotionally tough day. My student asked me if her dad was going to die this week. Do you know how difficult it is to answer a question like that to a EIGHT year old??? I told her that I didn't know and that the only person who knows that is God. I couldn't think of anything else to tell her. How do you comfort a child when their parent is dying? I don't know. I wish I could be better trained in this but I am doing the best I can do. I just hope she knows how much her dad loves her and how much we all (at the school) care about her too.



Well... I am going to go and read to hopefully take my mind on such tragic events. I will pray that everyone has a wonderful Easter and that whatever happens that God will take care both of these families.



Jamie

No comments: