Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Disappointment

Throughout this whole week the thing that has helped me push through conferences and everything else that has happened has been the fact that the whole family was going to be able to get together this weekend (this is the Casteel side). Now... Paige (my niece) is sick and they aren't coming. I have been sooo looking forward to everyone getting together to celebrate my sister-in-law's (Natalie) birthday on Saturday night. The plan was that tonight Becca (my other sister-in-law), Natalie, and I were going to go to the movies after the fish fry. Tomorrow Michael and I were going to go see his grandmother and then come back tomorrow night for the big birthday celebration. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed that we won't get to have the big celebration like we had planned. Michael told me that Paige was upset, Becca was crying on the phone to his mom (Debbie aka Beanie - yes it is a weird nickname), his mom is upset and Natalie too. As you can tell, all of us girls were excited about the visit.

I probably should tell you that the last time that most of us were together was for a funeral. Becca's mother-in-law passed away. Michael, Tom (aka Flem - again another weird nickname), Debbie, and I all drove up to Northern Iowa to go to support Tom (brother-in-law; aka Stoll - we like nicknames as you can tell), Becca, Paige, and Neal (nephew).

So we were ready to see each other under happy circumstances but I don't know when that will be. They said they may try to come down tomorrow if Paige feels better. I guess this is supposed to be a 24 hour thing. The only problem is that we are supposed to get snow.

I'm just bummed because it was such a long week with conferences and everything and I was sooooo looking forward to some girl time tonight and it isn't going to happen.

All of this is why I named the blog The Crazy Life of the Casteel's. I don't think it needs further explanation.

Hopefully I'll have better news next time!

Jamie

No comments: