Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer!!

So, my summer has semi-official started. I had my last day of school on May 22nd. Then I spent Memorial Day weekend with my family and friends. We went to the Great American BBQ in Bonner Springs. The boys accomplished to get second place in the World Brisket Contest. As for the rest.... they were disappointed! Michael and I got back on Sunday and he had to put some rub on more meat! On Monday he cooked the pork for the St. Greg's Golf Tournament! While he was working on that I went to school to finish up grade cards. Monday we also looked at a house. It belongs to a family friend so we just called him to see if he would let us in. Michael's parents came with us. I completely loved the house. Michael liked it a lot too. It was built in 1971 and needs some updates but the structure itself is in great shape. We decided that we would like to go with our Realtor the next day and my parents to look at the house.
Tuesday morning we meet for some end of the year information. I had planned on cleaning and boxing up my classroom but I got a call from a friend that her babysitter was sick and she was in a bind. I ended up spending my afternoon watching two ADORABLE little boys from noon to about 4:15. I was pretty amped up by this point to go back and look at the house. My parents came up to look at the house with us. They liked the house too! We talked to the Realtor and decided that we wanted to put an offer on the house.
On Wednesday I had my catechatical class for school all day but in the middle of the day I snuck away and went to sign the papers to make the offer on the house! Thursday I had the same class all day. I was really nervous about the house but I was pretty hopeful. Friday morning, while I was at the St. Greg's Golf Tournament helping out a friend, Michael called and asked me if I wanted to buy a house! We were able to come to an agreement and we signed the papers on Friday mid-morning. I am still in shock that we are actually going to have a house of our own. One that needs a little TLC but a house of our own. To say the least I am totally STOKED!!!! We're supposed to close on July 15, but I'm hoping somehow we will be able to close sooner. We talk to the Mortgage guy tomorrow!!!
Michael and I will be homeowners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
This past weekend I had a friend come and stay with us. It was really nice. We relaxed and watched movies and just talked. Today I went to my classroom and I am almost compeltely finished with everything. I really only have a couple things to do tomorrow... That's why I said my summer has semi-started. After tomorrow I am completely free for my summer, except for my summer classes ;)
This Thursday my family is going to Las Vegas. When I say family I mean extended family on one side of the family. My aunts, uncles, cousins, sibling, parents, etc. We will all be heading out on Thursday and we won't be back until Sunday. I am pretty excited about this little vacation and I know Michael is even more excited than me! So even though my school year has ended our life is still pretty crazy!!!!

No comments: