Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday - The Beginning of My 40 Days Without Facebook!

I know it seems silly but this year I decided to give up Facebook. I am also giving up some other stuff and attempting to accomplish other things during Lent but this is the most interesting thing I came up with for Lent.
I LOVE to get on facebook and catch up with old friends and see pictures of what they are doing in their life, however, I realize that I spend entirely too much time on this particular website. So I've given it up so that I can use my time more wisely. Maybe with my extra time that I save I will be able to do good for others.
As for my other Lenten promises... I am limiting my TV watching time (again to use my time more wisely). Basically I am going to allow myself to watch the news (to stay updated on the weather!) and that's it. The only exception will be on Thursday night because I love Gray's Anatomy and Private Practice. I am also going to make sure that I tell my husband something nice (or that I am thankful to him for) each day.
I am aware that most of these seem simple but I hope it gives me some more me time and some time to focus on the more important things like family, friends, and faith.
I better go... I'm going to clean my desk off (my classes Lenten promise is: We will keep our desk clean- which I guess includes me!) and then I am going to go workout... which I haven't done in three weeks so I am kind of looking forward to this!
Hope everyone has a great day and we only have two more before the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: