Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Feeling Pretty Good

I must say that I am feeling pretty good about this whole accreditation visit. We (the teachers) had our interview yesterday after school and the team sounded very impressed my school and it's atmosphere. The big word that they used yesterday was family. Everyone that had came in prior to us (parents, principal, students, and support staff) said that they felt they were a part of a family. I have to admit that's how I feel about my work and I am blessed to have it that way. We all getting along really well. Of course we have squabbles like families do but when push comes to shove if I needed something I believe I could call any one on my staff and ask for help and they would be there. I have to say it's nice living in the that kind of environment when accreditation rolls around because everyone gets stressed. We have helped each other through this process and I am thankful for everyone there. I haven't ever worked at any other school but frankly I don't want to. I like that I can pray in school and when something upsets my kids we can pray to God about it. That is a great feeling and after some of the things that have happened in the last three years of my teaching I can't imagine NOT being able to pray and rely on our faith to deal with some things. I don't know how I go this job because I came in with NO experience-straight from college and they still wanted me. That's taking a big risk on someone new and without any experience to rely on. I guess God was pushing me that way... between Michael being Alumni at the school and finding out where I could get the application to me turning down another job because I just had a feeling about the one I'm in. God wanted me there so that's where I'm staying. I never felt so certain about any decision in my life (besides my marriage to my husband). It makes it easier for me to get up and face the day knowing I have support from my teachers and principal.
Enough of the why I love my job business... I have to go get ready for work.
I hope everyone has a great Friday and enjoys the BEAUTIFUL weekend!

No comments: