Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Parent-Teacher Conferences

Wow! I have a huge sense of accomplishment this evening. I have just finished my parent-teacher conferences! I'm telling you they are the one thing I dread the most the whole year. It doesn't matter if I am telling parents all good news I still dread them. I am hoping that this feeling will subside after a few years! I know I felt a little better than the first time I had conferences!

Now for our busy weekend...
Michael got home on Friday night. We were supposed to go to my parents house that night and help them with their tile. Michael decided that he was too tired after his busy week of being gone to his conference! So we ended up staying at home that night.
We got up the next morning and headed to St. Joe. We helped my parents for a little bit and then it was off to Topeka, KS for the NWMSU game vs. Washburn. It was a really close game and it wasn't the 'Cats best but they ended up winning 24 to 21. We went back to St. Joe and helped some more on the tile.
Sunday rolled around and we worked at my parents house until about 12:30 and then headed back to the 'Ville. Once we were back in the ville we went over to a friends house and helped her paint and do this thing with tissue paper on her walls. We were at her house from 2 until 7:15 or so.
So basically I spent my whole weekend doing home improvements for other people. This of course made me want a house even more than I already did. I just wish we could go buy one or build one but as my father says, "Money doesn't grow on trees." I'll just have to wait and be patient. Our time will come and I just have to have faith that God has a plan for us!
As for tonight... I will be home most of the evening by myself so I am thinking about watching Fiddler on the Roof. I think that might be an enjoyable evening. Tomorrow at school will be a little hectic but tomorrow evening I have nothing planned and that is kind of nice. I am really excited about Thursday though... the Hangar (movie theatre in town) is showing Ghost Busters for $5.00 and Michael and I are going to see it. Then Friday is HALLOWEEN. I love trick-or-treaters and HALLOWEEN. Michael's sister and her family are going to be in town so that makes it even better and it is Micheal's father's birthday! So it is a busy but enjoyable week. :-)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping about as busy as we are! Glad to hear conferences went ok, I don't know why we dread them, but I think every teacher does in a way! Has Monica had her baby yet? I hadn't heard?!?!?!