Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Medical Disappointment

Well I have had yet another medical disappointment. For those of you who don't know in the end of August my doc found a lump in my breast. I got an ultrasound done and it didn't show anything but my doctor wanted to make sure that it wasn't anything because I have a strong family background. I went to Maryville's hospital to get a MRI done and I couldn't do it because of the way they had me laying and the fact that I am clostraphobic. So they decided to get one scheduled in St. Joe. This is going to be an OPEN MRI so the clostraphobia shouldn't be an issue.
I take off work (which means I have to write lesson plans for a sub) and so does Michael and we head to St. Joe. I get to the hospital and they inform me that they don't do Open MRI's at the hospital and that I will need to go to the OPEN MRI office which is NOT in the same building. So we jump back in the car and head back the direction we had just came from.
We get to the Open MRI place and ... they don't have me down for an appointment! They call several other Open MRI places and... guess what... no appointment for me at any of those. Finally they call the hospital and guess what... they have an appointment for a regular MRI (which if you remember was what I tried to do in Maryville). So we drive back to the hospital, by this time we are late for the appointment, and check in with the desk. I get back there, change in the robes, and get ready to do the MRI. I go in we try again... and I get stuck just a little bit. The nurse removes some of the mats (that are there for comfort - by the way it isn't comfortable at all with out these and they are expecting to be in there for 20 minutes) and I try going in again. I get all the way in but I can't breathe because of the machine pressing on my back. I tell the lady to GET ME OUT NOW! She starts telling me how I might try KC because they have a bigger machine (thanks... I don't already feel fat enough, let's rub it in that I can't fit in the machine) and that I will definetly need some vallium. I, of course, start crying and go change and have a minor panic attack as we are leaving the hospital.
I am so frustrated with all this stuff. I would just like it to be done and over with. If they need to give me something to knock me out to do it... then let's do it so I don't have to keep taking off work and writing lesson plans!
Sorry... just needed to vent!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh hon! I'm so sorry you've had such a rough experience! Hopefully, things will work out in KC. Trenton & I love you very much and our thoughts & prayers are with you. Our mantra lately has been God doesn't give you more than you can handle, so apparently he thinks we're pretty darn tough! I love ya!