Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Downstairs Bedroom

Most people know that we moved into our house in July of this past summer. When we moved into the house we didn't know that I was going to get pregnant a couple months later :) Obviously this news changed how we were going to use some rooms. I already posted some pictures of the baby's room, which used to be our guest bedroom. Since we had a the furniture already we decided to make the downstairs bedroom into a guest bedroom. Now at this point you might be wondering why I'm giving you all of this background information. Well, that's simple, to explain the color on our downstairs bedroom walls. Originally this room was set up to be my teacher room. I told Michael when we made that decision that I really wanted to get a bright color that would encourage me to go down there. We actually got the color from the secretary of my school. She has a room in her basement painted the exact same color. So you have been forewarned about the color - by the way, I LOVE THE COLOR!!! After seeing the color you might be able to see why it was difficult to find a comforter that would go with the room. The comforter has white and light gray circles on it. I'm actually REALLY excited about how the room came out. It's pretty minimal when it comes to the furniture but I like it. It's pretty modern but I like the funkiness of the room. Let me know what you think, do you like our modern funky guest bedroom? Leave me a comment.

In case you can't tell there's a lot of changes happening at our house right now. We have gotten the baby's room done, the guest bedroom is done, and the furniture for our bedroom should be coming soon. We've got some more things planned like a new furnace and air conditioner. At some point we're going to redo the master bathroom. We don't have a bathroom anywhere in the house because the previous owners were older and they took out the tub to put in a walk-in-shower unit. So we're going to install a tub in our master bathroom. Like I said there's already been a lot of changes and there's going to be even more. I'm really excited with all the progress we've made and I can't wait to continue the process.

Oh, and I've totally started nesting. In the process of moving all of my stuff out of the teacher room I threw away a TON of stuff. I think I had something like eight boxes of recycling, three boxes of trash, and two boxes that went to NOCOMO (the thrift store here in town).

Enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think!





No comments: