Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday and 24 Weeks!

I got to go to church this morning with my kiddos! We always go to church on Wednesday morning so this isn't anything out of the normal. Ashes during church that's out of the normal. :) We talked all about Ash Wednesday yesterday so that the kiddos would be prepared. Anyway, church went pretty well so that was nice! The funny thing happened later in the day. One of the first graders came up to me and told me my ashes were a LOT better than everyone elses. I tried not to laugh in front of her and then I nicely explained that none of the ashes are better, it's just that mine were still on my forehead that's all. It was pretty cute!
Anyway, we had our 24 week appointment. The doctor measured me for the first time. I don't know the measurement but that doesn't bother me. I've only gained one pound in the last month! Which I'm REALLY happy about. I am secretly, well not so secretly, hoping that I actually weigh less or about the same when I have this baby. That would rock my world! I'm not getting my hopes up but the doctor did say sometimes that can happen. Michael was worried that I have only gained one pound. He asked how the baby is getting his nutrients if I'm getting sick still and not gaining any weight. The doctor told him that the baby is basically sucking it out of me, which is fine by me! :) She also told Michael that sometimes women actually end up weighing less after having babies and breast feeding! So, we'll see!

No comments: