Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Busy Weekend - including lots of changes!

Well, Thursday after I wrote my blog we had the last day of school. I pretty much felt horrible the whole time I was at school. I had a horrible headache when I woke up and my back was killing me. I finally called the doctor's office after school was out (we got out at 12:30). They were concerned about my headache because it can be a sign of preclampsia (sp?) so they had me come in and get monitored. Everything was just fine and I was able to leave. They told me that they think it's because the baby is laying against my spine and causing pressure on my lower back! Isn't that nice of him!?!? I went home and put heat on my back and took a two hour nap. I felt a lot better after that. Thursday evening I went to SATC 2 with my some of my girlfriends. We ate supper and watched the movie. It was a nice way to end the school year.
Friday we had meetings in the morning and then had our last baby shower. This one was put on by the faculty and staff at my school. We received some VERY nice gifts. I must admit that I feel pretty lucky to be teaching at my school with such wonderful and considerate people! Friday afternoon/early evening Michael and I worked in my classroom trying to get somethings finished. After we were done we went next door. Michael's boss, Corey, bought the house next to us and is doing some major renovations. I asked him if I could destroy anything. They gave me a hammer and I went to town on his dining room wall. I think they were a little shocked at how fast I tore the wall down! I'm sure if a lot of people would have seen me they would have been shocked. Here's a 38 and 1/2 week pregnant lady completely destroying a wall! It was a WONDERFUL form of stress relief. Michael and I didn't got to bed until 1:30 on Saturday morning, which means we got up late Saturday morning. We got up around 10 am. We headed to St. Joe and bought a TON of stuff at Menard's for the house. We got three ceiling fans, two dome lights, a chandler for the kitchen, and mini blinds for Cole's room. When we got home Michael installed the mini blinds and all the lights. He didn't get to the fans because he will have to run the wires up in the ceiling and we figured it would be pretty warm up there considering how hot it was today! He's planning on doing that some morning soon. I ended up packing Cole's bag for the hospital. I got our bedroom organized (since we now have furniture to put stuff in) and cleaned up the living room a bit. I still need to pack my bag for the hospital but I don't think that will take me too long. :)
Well, I am going to go to bed! Good night everyone! We'll keep everyone updated on how things are going with Cole's arrival.... only 10 days left before our due date!

No comments: