Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

38 Weeks - Only TWO weeks left

Below you will find my 38 week picture. I find it amazing to look at the pictures I started taking 10 weeks ago. I waited to take pictures because I really didn't show until 28 weeks and then suddenly I had a baby bump! :)

Now at 38 weeks, I am starting to get a little stressed that we won't get everything done that we have to before Cole arrives. I think part of my stressing is coming from the fact that yesterday morning one of our friends had her baby and I know that I'm next on the list for having a baby.

We had our 38 week appointment yesterday. The doctor checked me. I will say that before we went in I told myself that it was going to be the same as last time (1 cm and 50% effaced) so that I wouldn't be disappointed. Yes, secretly, I was hoping for some kind of a change but I didn't want to get my hopes up. She checked me and said that I was 2 to 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I did ask her what station the baby was at. The station is how far down the birthing canal the baby's head is. Cole is currently at a 0. That means his head is even with my pelvic bone. The doctor even commented on how far down he was! She asked me how far along I was and I told her 38 weeks and she make the comment of how low he was. She also informed me that she stripped my membrane. I guess this can sometimes bring on labor. At that point she told me we could have a baby in as little as two to three days or we could go full term or late. I was a little shocked when she said it could be a couple of days! I wasn't expecting that. Of course Michael had to go and ask her after this if that meant I couldn't travel anymore! I had just planned on not asking so that way I couldn't get told no. She told me I can't go to Kansas City but I can go to St. Joe. So we won't be headed to my sister's this weekend for her BBQ but at least I can still go to my class next week in St. Joe, assuming I don't have a baby before then!

Well, I better go get ready for the last day of school. I hope everyone has a great Thursday. We'll keep you updated on baby Cole's progress!

38 weeks - I do have to say that I am wearing a bright yellow shirt not to look like a big sun but for field day. Each year we have field day shirts made and this year they were yellow, which made me feel like a giant sun! :)

No comments: