Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas and New Year Update!

We had a very busy couple of weeks and unfortunately my break is coming to an end quickly! It doesn't seem like I should be going back to work on Monday. This break has literally flown by!
My last day at school was the Tuesday before Christmas. We had a half day and then the teachers all went out and ate lunch. It was nice to hang out together and eat a lunch that lasted more than 20 minutes! :)
Wednesday Michael and I went to the doctor again for our monthly check up. This was our 16 week appointment. The doctor had told us that we were going to get to hear the baby's heartbeat so we were really excited for the appointment. We went in and the doctor put the heartbeat microphone thingy on my stomach and we heard this thunk... Apparently that was the baby kicking where the microphone was at! I guess we have a stubborn baby. The doctor kept trying to get the microphone where we could hear the heartbeat and the baby kept moving. So since she couldn't get the heartbeat with her microphone she decided to do an ultrasound to check on the baby. So we got another couple of pictures of the baby. Let me tell you that this baby has at least doubled in size! He or she is also VERY active. The baby was kicking it's feet and moving it's hands and doing flips! Anyway, partially through the appointment a nurse came in and told our doctor that she had a phone call. So my doctor proceeds to ask Michael, "Do you want to play with this?" and hands him the ultrasound hand thingy. So Michael and I got to run our own ultrasound for a while! It was AMAZING. Michael absolutely loved running the machine. We even got to see the baby's spinal cord. It was just soooo COOL!
Anyway, after the appointment we went to lunch and then I came home and packed my clothes to go to my parents' house that evening. Michael drove me down to their house that evening because we knew that there was supposed to be a big snow storm coming through. Our plan was that Michael would come down on Christmas Eve if possible and if that didn't work Christmas Day! Of course, anyone who was in the midwest knows we got a MASSIVE snow storm. So Michael and I weren't together for Christmas which was pretty depressing! :( I finally made it back to Maryville late Saturday afternoon. My mom, dad, Michael, and I opened presents together at our house and then we headed to Michael's parents' house to open presents there.
Sunday we went to church and then hung out with Michael's family all day! Then Monday afternoon I hung out with my niece and nephew. We had a really good time.
The rest of this week I've basically rested. I got another cold so I've felt really yucky. I did get our Christmas decorations down and most of them put away and I've kept the house clean too! :)
On New Year's Eve we went to Doug and Janette's for a small get together. It was really funny to watch the kids running around. It just reminded me again that next year we'll have our own little rug rat with us! :) Again that just totally blows my mind. Michael and I talked about that the other day.
I am excited to say that we do have a babysitter. That is a sigh of relief! I'm also really happy that we got in where we wanted. I think we'll be really happy!
Tomorrow we are going to have my extended family Christmas at my parents' house. Michael is going to cook the meat for everyone to eat tomorrow! I'm excited to see everyone. The last time I've seen some of them was our Vegas trip this summer. :-)
Well, I hope that updates everyone and that everyone had a good Christmas and New Year!

No comments: