Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's a BOY!

Today we found out that we're going to have a little boy in June!
After school Michael picked me up and we went to the hospital for the ultrasound. My mom, dad, and Michael's mom went with us. My dad and mother-in-law were pretty excited because they had never seen an ultrasound before! We went in and the tech started the ultrasound. She started showing stuff that we haven't been able to see before because her machine is a little more powerful than my doctor's! We got to see the stomach, bladder, kidney, diaphragm, brain (both hemispheres), spinal cord, heart (all four chambers), feet, hands, face, profile, legs, arms, and of course all the things that make the baby a boy! :) She was even able to measure the baby's femur bone, diameter of the stomach and head. It was really cool to see all of the parts up close. While she showed us stuff like the stomach, she explained they were dark in the middle because they had liquid in them, which meant they were working properly. We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was 152 beats per minutes! That was a really AWESOME experience. The tech commented on how active our little wiggle worm is! Sounds like Michael's child for sure! She measured everything and said that our due date should be around June 9th which is only one day before the due date the doctor gave us! Oh, and the baby weighs NINE oz.! We got five pictures from today so that's exciting because now I can show the little guy off and call the baby him or say his! :-) Also, I can start shopping!!!
We called/texted everyone to let them know. I pretty sure that my mom and Amy G. were the most shocked about the baby being a boy. Amy was just SURE that it was a girl. So much so that a couple of weeks ago she bought a girl outfit! :-) hehehe So last night she went and found a boy outfit! :)
I was in a little bit of shock myself. I've had soooo many people certain it was a girl that it kind of got in my head. Either way I'm just happy that everything looked good and is developing the way it is supposed to! :)

No comments: