Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lots of craziness this past week

Last Friday Michael, Cole, and I all went to West Des Moines.  We went to a consignment sale there to purchase clothes for Cole and Chloe.  It was a rather successful shopping trip.  :)  We of course, went to visit Michael's sister and her family.  They were moving into their new home last weekend.  Michael helped paint on Friday and move stuff on Saturday.  I helped take wallpaper down on Friday (since I can't paint or move anything).  There new house is beautiful!  I'm really happy for them.  Of course we were all exhausted after such a full and busy weekend.  However, that exhaustion didn't go away because Cole woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday and Monday night.  I was also exhausted because I received a text on Tuesday afternoon that my sister's water had broken.  Of course this was a major shock because she wasn't due until May 11th!  So my niece decided to come 3 and 1/2 weeks early.  We stayed up late (midnight) waiting to hear of her arrival.  My mom finally called and told us that Cadence was born at 11:21 p.m.  Michael and I decided to head to KC to meet Cadence the next day right after school.  My friend Amy watched Cole for us since he had a cold and we didn't want him to give it to the baby!  Amy called me when we're about 5 minutes away from the hospital to tell us that Cole had a 101.5 fever!  She took him to the walk-in clinic for us and found out that he had a double ear infection (second one in three weeks!).  So we weren't at the hospital very long.  We wanted to head home to check on him!  Michael ended up staying home with him on Thursday.  (He is finally feeling better).  This weekend has been pretty busy too.  On Friday Michael and several other people helped to roof my in-laws' house.  Then last night we went to a bowling fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters!  We didn't get home until 11:30.  So today we've been cat napping and catching up on various things (grading, cleaning up the yard, etc.)
It's hard to believe that I'll be 36 weeks on Monday.  It's kind of crazy!  That means at the most we'll be pregnant is five weeks.  However, I'm guessing it's more like two to three weeks!  Hard to believe we're going to go from a family of three to a family of four so soon.  I go in this week for a check up so we'll see what the doc says!

No comments: