Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where did the summer go?

Seriously? Where did the summer go? In a matter of two months Michael and I have had some major life events. I started my Master's classes. I took two this summer and ended up with an A in both of them. This is going to be a major focus in my life for the next two years. I am going to be taking two classes each semester. Hopefully I'll be able to be a teacher and a student at the same time without losing my sanity. :)
Another major life event is buying a house, boxing up all of our stuff, and moving! It is literally amazing how much stuff we have. We have a great group of friends and family who helped us move our stuff from our apartment to the house in an hour and a half! I can't believe it! We also got landscaping done all the way around the house! It looks like a totally different house. Within two weekends we had painted all of the bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, hallway, and two bathrooms. We also painted the family room in the basement. We accomplished so much and there's no way we could have done it without some major help from family and friends.
In the middle of the summer we discovered that we were pregnant but unfortunately we miscarried. I was really struggleing with the emotions of losing a baby after trying so had to have one. All of those emotions were changed by my remarkable doctor. I went in to talk to her after I figured out that I was having a miscarriage. She walked in and acknowledged that I was feel sad and down about what happened. Just the acknowledgement helped. She came in and said I know that this is sad but this helps us know why you've been having problems getting pregnant. I was shocked that she knew what was wrong. She told me I wasn't making progesterone. That's the hormone that helps the baby to grow. She told me most likely I've had other miscarriages but just didn't know it because my hcg level wouldn't be high enough to have a positive pregnancy test. She then gave me a piece of paper laying out the game plan. The fact that she knew what was wrong and what we needed to do made me feel so much relief. She's an awesome doctor and I feel extremely blessed that I've found her. I actually recommended her to some friends and they really like her. I just hope she sticks around long enough so that she can be my doctor for a long time! Sorry for the downer but I really do feel better because I'm educated about what's going on!
As you can tell we have had a truly chaotic summer but a good one. I get a week off and then I start school meetings. I'm going to try to enjoy this weekend and finish unpacking the house. Next week I will start on my classroom. I'm just amazed that it all came soooo quickly

No comments: