Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The sickness continues.. uggghh

To say that I am sick of sickness would be a massive understatement!  Starting in the beginning of December the Casteel clan has taken turns getting sick.  Chloe had a double ear infection and a bought of throwing up (we're thinking she had the stomach flu).  Cole had strep (we think, the didn't do the swab) and a for sure case of the stomach flu.  Michael had the stomach flu.  I have had the stomach flu and currently have something else.  Did I mention that Cole and Michael had the stomach flu at the same time and Chloe had her double ear infection at the exact same time!  Oh, and we've all had this cold that just won't stop!
So as you can guess we were hoping with the start of the new year, 2013, that we would also get our health back but unfortunately on New Year's Eve I started running a fever and feeling like I had been ran over by a mack truck!
On other good news, the kids continue to grow and change everyday!
Cole is definitely testing his limits lately.  He keeps trying to see how far he can go without getting into trouble.  The kicker is that he already knows that dad is the one who will cave the easiest.  If I say no to something he will go and ask Michael.  Nine times out of ten Michael will say yes!  (I can't imagine what's going to happen when it's Chloe asking!?!?)  Cole's timeout spot is on a rug in front of our oven.  I've been working with him and giving him options.  At nap time he sometimes fights us (not very often).  The other day I told him he could take a nap or sit in front of the oven.  He started crying and saying, "I sit in the oven."  Let me reiterate I have him sit in front of the oven not in it!  So hopefully he doesn't tell anyone that we make him sit in it!  Other than that I am in awe of how much Cole is learning from our amazing daycare.  He can sing the ABC's, count to 20 (sometimes he gets a little messed up but he can do it most of the time), tell you all the main colors, and identify shapes (even a hexagon)!!  We are truly blessed to have such an amazing daycare.  The next goal is to get him interested in going pee on the big boy pot!  He has to be potty trained in order to go to pre-school next fall (if we send him - we are still debating).  I would like to know that he can go and that he's potty trained!  Here's hoping he gets the desire soon!
Chloe continues to amaze us.  She is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.  She is always smiling and cooing.  It's easy to know when she isn't feeling well.  She doesn't smile and coo!  She is slowly starting to roll to get places.  She isn't totally rolling everywhere but she's catching on that she can roll to get things just out of her reach.  She has two beautiful and sharp teeth on the bottom of her mouth.  When she smiles they just shine!  She also likes to chew on mom's fingers with those new sharp teeth.  Chloe is sitting up on her own and falling over less and less.  She currently is in love with the new jumperoo that is on loan to her from her cousin Cadence.  Cadence is no longer interested in it because she's crawling.  Chloe just loves bouncing in that thing!
Michael and I are doing well too!  We celebrated our fifth anniversary a month late.  Michael planned a weekend getaway in Omaha.  We went and say Beauty and the Beast at the Orpheum theater!  It was wonderful.  We also finished up our Christmas shopping while there!  It was a nice weekend away for the two of us.
I will be taking two courses this spring trimester.  Normally I would attempt this, however, I only have 10 students this year and I just want to get my Master's done.  I will take two courses this spring, two during the summer, and one in the fall and I will be DONE!!!!
Hope everyone has a safe and healthy (including us) 2013!

No comments: