Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Quiet Time for Jamie

It's a little past 5:30, which means that Michael is sound asleep. The cat woke up for a bit but now she's downstairs eating! Why am I telling you that, well that means it's quiet time for me. Yes, in a couple of minutes I will get up and start my hustle and bustle for the rest of the day but right now it's nice and quiet. :)

We've been really busy but doing well. Last weekend Michael and I flew to Nashville, TN. We then drove to Florence, AL to watch the Bearcats play in the Division II National Championship game. Our 'Cats pulled through and finally won a nation title. (For those of you who don't know they have played in the championship the lasts four years and lost so I guess this time 5th times a charm.) After the game we went back to Nashville and hung out with friends. It was sooooo nice flying and not driving this year. Michael and I decided to do this as our Christmas present to each other. So we don't have any presents under the tree for each but we don't need any.

I've been fighting a cold since the Saturday following Thanksgiving. The doctor gave me some antibiotics last week but I'm still sneezing and blowing my nose all the time, uggghhh! I'm hoping to be well before Christmas. Basically I've been sick since Halloween. I had the flu, yes H1N1, and then the cough that follows that, and then I felt good for about four or five days and I got this stinkin cold. Oh, well. Apparently this baby thinks I need to deal with sickness. :)

I am finally finished with all of my stuff for this round of grad classes. In the spring I'm only going to take one course. I won't be taking any in the summer with the baby coming and then I'll start back up in the fall. I'm hoping I can handle everything, new baby, grad classes, teaching, etc. We'll just have to see how I do.

Michael has been busy with all the snow we've gotten lately. Last week I only taught on Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday we didn't have school because of the amount of snow we got and the drifting. (Friday we had our flight to Nashville.) We didn't have school yesterday either because of the ice on the roads. So Michael has been busy with snow removal and putting down ice melt! It's really funny to me that on his hard days, I get to stay home! I was very productive on the snow days though so that made me happy!

Well, I better get up and get rounded around so I can make it to school on time. I hope everyone is doing well! :)

No comments: