Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another Casteel is On Her Way!

So, it's been an EXTREMELY long time since I've posted anything on here. I guess this definitely goes with the title of my blog. We truly do have a crazy life!

I'm currently 23 weeks and 2 days pregnant with our newest addition. We found out right before Christmas that this time around we are going to have a little girl. Chloe Jeanne (there's an accent on the last e that makes it sound like an a but I can't get the computer to let me do it) is due to arrive on May 21st. However, my AMAZING doctor is going to be leaving for Europe on May 14th. She has promised me that she is going to get little Chloe out before she leaves the country. So we'll hope she's right. I am feeling more pregnant at this point than I did with Cole. I'm already wearing my maternity clothes and I didn't really even start wearing them last time until I was about 28 weeks. I figure everything stretches out quicker the second time!

We've been busy preparing for our little girl but we've also been busy with our amazing little man! Cole is almost 20 months old now. It's hard to believe that he's already that old! We are constantly amazed at how smart he is. He has a huge vocabulary... there's a list at the bottom, more for me for documentation but feel free to check it out! He likes to color, play with play-dough, and LOVES to put together puzzles. He thinks Elmo is amazing. We are even going to Elmo Makes Music this weekend! He also loves tractors. He can point to pictures and identify different family members (aunts, uncles, etc.). He loves to take baths, to be outside, and to help mom and dad. He will bring us our shows, pick up sticks in the yard, pretty much anything he can do to help! He is extremely hard headed! He gets very determined to accomplish things, including feeding himself. He feeds himself breakfast every morning before going to the sitters. He watches Disney Junior while he eats and dad reads the paper. He can identify his eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hair, head, hands, and feet. He can also point these body parts out on other people.

We've been working hard to get Cole to understand that we're going to have a new baby soon. If we ask him where's momma's baby he will come up and point to my belly. He also gives my belly kisses. It's pretty stinking cute!

I'll try to update with some more information as we get closer to Chloe's arrival!

Cole's words as of 1-26-12 (almost 20 months):
Elmo, mom, dad, Papo, red, read, bus, airplane, elephant, bye, hello, up, down, apple, ball, go, football, touchdown (sounds more like uchdown), run, mow, please, thank you, love you, moon, duck, bath, Glenda (his babysitter), Amy (family friend), Brian (his uncle), Reese (our cat), barn, bus, balloon, and of course NO
*He calls tractors and trucks none-nones.
*He says weeoooh weeooh (like a siren) for a firetruck
Cole's animal noises:
He can growl like a lion, moo like a cow, neigh like a horse, make monkey noise, barks like a dog, and meows like a cat.

No comments: